Monthly Mixtape : February

Tuesday, February 28, 2017


February admittedly hasn't been the greatest month for new music releases. With Ed Sheeran dominating the number one spot for the whole month, there hasn't been much new out and my playlist is half the size of last month's. However February did mean the big music event that is The Brit Awards, and I still have a few songs to share with you.

You may remember I got Olly Murs' album for Christmas and I have listened to it quite a bit lately. On my playlist is his latest single Unpredictable, this is a really fun pop song: something Olly always delivers.

Ed Sheeran's still on the playlist, I imagine he will be for quite a few upcoming months. I added his song How Would You Feel as soon as it was released, it's much slower than the other two (think Thinking Out Loud or Photograph). Shape of You is also still on there because of course, I can't seem to get bored of that song (nor can the rest of the UK, according to the chart).

I really enjoyed watching The Brit Awards this year, one reason particularly was because of the collaboration between Coldplay and The Chainsmokers, Something Just Like This, which was debuted at the awards. This is my favourite song on the playlist this month, it is really beautiful. After watching The Brit Awards I also added The 1975's The Sound to my playlist which they performed on the show. Although I have loved this song for ages (it was my most listened to song on Spotify last year, can you believe) I was reminded how much I liked it and have listened to it a lot this week.

At the end of January I went to see La La Land so I picked up the soundtrack this month I loved it so much, and seemed to have listened to that the most. On my playlist is the track Another Day of Sun but I particularly also love A Lovely Night and City Of Stars. I have to admit I've been listening to a lot of my favourite musicals lately but the La La Land soundtrack has definitely been my favourite.



So there is my short but sweet playlist for February! What have you been listening to this month?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The sound has always been one of my favourite songs but seeing the 1975 perform it reminded me of it too! I'd love to see them live! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete